Easy to pack and perfect as crudites for that favourite dip, sweet carrots are popular with adults and kids alike.
- Melt 2 T of butter in a saucepan and add 1/4 cup sugar and 2 T of your favourite mustard and a pinch of salt.
Add 3 cups of sliced, cooked carrots and stir until nicely glazed. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- Roast carrots with maple syrup, butter, sea salt and bay leaves in a hot oven for 40 minutes.
Discard the bay leaves, add a splash of cream and blend until smooth. Serve with pork chops or roast chicken.
- Add crushed peppercorns, chopped coriander, dried chilli and chopped garlic to softened butter and roll into a log between sheets of cling wrap.
Chill until set. Serve with roast baby carrots.
- Chop a few peeled carrots and 2 potatoes and fry in 1 T olive oil with ground cumin, mustard seeds, dried chilli and curry powder.
- Spoon onto puff-pastry squares and fold to form triangles. Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes. Serve with a yoghurt dipping sauce.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES USING CARROTS