Stuck for inspiration for your side dishes? Here are a couple of sure-fire ideas that are quick to make and compliment any main.
• Serve organic turnip and carrot mash with knobs of butter, sea salt and a crack of black pepper.
• Scatter large brown mushrooms with slivers of garlic and fresh sage. Drizzle over fresh cream, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and bake in a 180°C preheated oven until cooked through.
• Parboil new potatoes then toss with olive oil, rosemary and sea salt. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in a 180°C preheated oven until crisp and golden. Serve warm, with rocket and a drizzle of olive oil.
• Add quartered Roma tomatoes to a dish and scatter with crushed garlic and chopped chilli. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in a 200°C preheated oven for 10 minutes, then add a few handfuls of cherry tomatoes, a splash of red-wine vinegar and a sprinkling of sea salt and return to the oven for a further 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with slices of red onion and crisp basil leaves.
• Blanch a head of cauliflower until tender, drain and blend with a knob of butter, a splash of cream and seasoning, to taste. Serve the purée with a drizzle of burnt butter.
TRY THESE QUICK AND EASY SIDE DISHES:
If you're looking for a side dish using a specific ingredient, use our advanced search at the top.